Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Day 1. 216 lbs (approx. 97 KG)



I woke up this morning, after a day of hearty enjoyment from Labor Day cookouts, and confirmed what I suspected immediately following my trip to Las Vegas:

I'm getting fat.

In June of 2006, I weighed 195lbs, give or take.

Now, as the title suggests I'm up at 216. more than 20 lbs heavier.

which is awful.


I've actually considered suicide doing something like this for a while. I'm a doctor, so it's very hypocritical for me to suggest you get into shape even while I don't.

Now, first, I don't want you to take this as advice. What I'm going to do is not a diet per se. it's an experiment in discipline, and it's mainly to show what can be achieved in 45 days with the proper motivation.

Starting now, I'll be logging my workout scale, my diet regimen, what I'm drinking, et al.

I don't encourage you trying this, but if you've tried everything else, maybe this will give you some inkling on how to talk to your physician.

First things first, I'm headed to the gym. update when I return.


~ Doc.

No comments: